- 1 cup of bakin soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of fine grain Epsom salt
- 1 tsp water (actually more like 2 or 3 but start with one)
- 2 tsp essential oil of your choice
- 2 1/2 tsp almond oil
- a plastic or wax paper drying surface
- molds (bought at a craft store or purchase online, you can also use cupcake molds, muffin molds, cookies molds…)
- mixing bowls
- food coloring (optional)
Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
If you add food coloring add that and water together before adding the oil or it won't mix as well.
Then slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while whisking them up at the same time. I actually used my hand to smoosh and mix it all together while I poured so that the citric acid wouldn't have a chance to fizz out.
Once you have it mixed together evenly pack it into your molds tightly. I sprinkled some glitter into the bottom of one side of my ball molds.
If its a ball mold then place a handful of unpacked mix on top of each half after packing it and then hold the two sides together firmly, brushing away the extra that falls out of the sides.
Carefully remove your ball from the mold and let it dry on your plastic or wax surface for a day. If its a cupcake mold then I recommend waiting until it dries to remove it.