Im going to start with the most recent one. My images are tad dark or hazy for this one so I will also show you this picture of it that someone else took. Its a Libertine for Target dress and its super cute and comfortable. Problem is that the one I found at a thrift store was also a size large which is too big for me. Here is a picture of it on my dress form:
I don't have a before image of me wearing it but it hangs off of me the same way it hangs on this dress form. So I got to pinning.
I took it in about an inch and a half on each side. Then I sewed it up! Like so:
You will notice there are two new sew lines. That is because after the first attempt I tried it on and noticed it was still too big. So I sewed a new line just a tad further in. This is probably for the best anyway to help prevent fraying because I didn't do anything special for that. After sewing I cut off the excess with my pinking shears to also help prevent fraying.
My dress was almost done. But there was one more issue that needed fixing. The straps:
No amount of ironing was going to flatten out these straps. So I got some thick white ribbon to sew underneath them to help flatten them back out and strengthen them as well.
No more baggy arm space!